2022-2023 DISH “HOMETOWN HEROES” CONTEST
Please read the Official Rules and Regulations (“Official Rules”) of the “2022-2023 DISH ‘HOMETOWN HEROES’ CONTEST” (“Contest”). You must agree to accept and comply with the Official Rules to participate in the Contest. By nominating an entrant and/or entering the Contest, you agree to these Rules.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. AN INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
- Dates: This Contest is valid from 8/1/2022, 12:00 AM ET, through 6/30/2023, 11:59 AM ET (“Contest Period”).
- How To Enter: There is one (1) way to enter:
- Nomination – A Nominee must be nominated by a person other than the Nominee (“Nominator”). Nominators may submit a nomination by visiting dishhometownheroes.com, completing the nomination webform, and submitting a written statement (“Materials”) describing the Nominee. Nominee must fit the Contest Category for which they are being nominated.Nominations for each Contest Category may be submitted during the Nomination Period described in table below.
|Contest Category||Nomination Period|
|High School Coach of the Year||8/1/2022 – 8/26/2022|
|Military Member or Veteran of the Year||11/1/2022 – 11/27/2022|
|First Responder/ Healthcare Worker of the Year||2/1/2023 – 2/23/2023|
|Educator of the Year||5/1/2023 – 5/26/2023|
- Accept Nomination – A Nominee must accept his or her Nomination(s) to enter. DISH will contact Nominees by email on or about the end of each Nomination Period and confirm that (1) Nominee accepts his or her Nomination, and (2) Nominee fits the Contest Category, to be determined in DISH’s sole discretion. If a Nominee does not respond, does not accept Nomination, or does not fit the Contest Category, Nominee will be excluded from the Contest.
- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Washington, D.C. (excluding, without limitation, residents of the States of New York and Florida, and U.S. Territories including Puerto Rico) who are 18 years of age (or age of majority in his or her state) and older at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of households of DISH Network L.L.C., (“DISH”) and each of its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, print production and publicity agencies and anyone connected with the production and distribution of this Contest (collectively the “Contest Entities”), are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
- Sponsors: DISH Network L.L.C., 9601 S. Meridian Blvd., Englewood, CO 80112; Circle Media, LLC, 1 Gaylord Dr., Nashville, TN 37214.
- Winner Selection: Winners for each Contest Category will be chosen through a combination of DISH’s selection of Finalists and public voting. DISH will select a number of Finalists in its sole discretion from among all eligible entries received based on Entrants’ adherence to the Contest Categories, commitment to community service, inspirational power, and overall impact. Decisions of DISH are final. DISH will select Finalists for each Contest Category on or about the dates noted in the “Finalists Selected” column of the table below. DISH reserves the right to reject nominations or terminate the Contest and select no Finalists if, in DISH’s sole discretion, nominations submitted do not follow Contest rules or are not suitable for the intended purpose. DISH will select Finalists and open voting to the public on or about the dates in the schedule below.
|Contest Category||Nomination Period||Finalists Selected||Voting Period||Winner Selected|
|High School Coach of the Year||8/1/2022 – 8/26/2022||9/1/2022||9/1/2022 – 9/30/2022||10/14/2022|
|Military Member or Veteran of the Year||11/1/2022 – 11/27/2022||12/1/2022||12/1/2022 – 12/31/2022||1/13/2023|
Healthcare Worker of the Year
|2/1/2023 – 2/23/2023||3/1/2023||3/1/2023 – 3/31/2023||4/14/2023|
|Educator of the Year||5/1/2023 – 5/26/2023||6/1/2023||6/1/2023 – 6/30/2023||7/14/2023|
- Voting Period Restrictions: Voting among Finalists by the general public will be open according to the dates noted in the “Voting Period” column of the table above. The general public may cast a vote on dishhometownheroes.com for the nominee of their choice. Voting will be open for each Contest category from 12:00 AM ET on the date the Voting Period opens through 11:59 PM ET on the date the Voting Period ends. Votes are limited to one vote per email address per day during the Voting Period.
- The Finalist with the most votes at the end of the Voting Period will be the Winner. In the event of a tie, Sponsor will choose a Winner(s) at its sole discretion. Decisions of Sponsor are final. Potential Winners will be notified by email in the period of time between the end date in the “Voting Period” column and the date in the “Winner Selected” column of the table above, and will have 72 hours to respond. If a Potential Winner does not reply within allocated time, does not accept prize, or is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner, time permitting. One person may not win more than one Contest Category. Limit one (1) prize per person.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Four (4) Prize Packages: One (1) Grand Ole Opry Trip Experience (Total ARV: $2340.00); and one (1) Home Theater Package with Installation (ARV: $1647) AND one (1) Smart Home Package with Installation (ARV: $2422).
- (a) Grand Ole Opry Trip Experience: Trip for Winner and one guest to the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, TN. Trip will include two (2) $650 Gift Certificates to flightgift.com (ARV: $650/ea.), 2-night standard hotel accommodations at the Gaylord Grand Opryland Resort (ARV: $500), two (2) tickets to the Grand Ole Opry (ARV: $220/ea.), and one (1) Ole Red Gift Card (ARV: $100). Winner and guest are responsible for: Any and all costs and expenses not mentioned in the Contest rules as being included in prize (e.g. excess flight expenses, local transportation, gratuities, liquor, phone calls, etc.) Note: Winner is responsible for arranging airline ticket reservations. Some restrictions may apply to hotel stay and Grand Ole Opry tickets.
- (b)(1) Home Theater Package: One (1) 55” Smart Television (ARV: $700) with Installation (ARV: $199); and one Polk Audio Surround Sound System (ARV: $649) with Installation (ARV: $99). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute like prizes of equal or lesser value if these products are unavailable at the time of fulfillment.
- (b)(2) DISH Smart Home Package: One (1) Google Nest Learning Thermostat (ARV: $249) with Installation (ARV: $99); one (1) Google Nest Doorbell (ARV: $229) with Installation (ARV: $99); one (1) Google Nest Protect Smoke Alarm (ARV: $129) with Installation (ARV: $99); one (1) Google Nest Cam IQ Outdoor (ARV: $399) with Installation (ARV: $99); two (2) Google Nest Cams (Battery) (ARV: $360) with Installation (ARV: $99); one (1) Nest x Yale Smart Lock with Nest Connect (ARV: $280) with Installation (ARV: $99); and one (1) Smart Home Starter Pack (ARV: $81) with Installation (ARV: $99). Sponsors reserve the right to substitute like prizes of equal or lesser value if these products are unavailable at the time of fulfillment.
- Taxes: All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses are the sole responsibility of each Winner. All expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not stated herein are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Prize winners will be required to fill out and sign and IRS W-9 form and the information contained therein will be used by the Sponsor or its representative to complete an informational report for the IRS, such as a 1099-MISC form.
- Nomination Rules: A Nominee may be nominated multiple times and/or for multiple Contest Categories. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. Any sort of automated Nomination sent via bot is strictly prohibited. Any Nominee or Nominator suspected or found to be submitting automated Nominations of any kind will be disqualified.Any Materials submitted become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsors and cannot be returned. By submitting Materials, Nominator grants to Sponsors a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, sublicensable, assignable, unrestricted, worldwide license to use the Materials, together with all consents or waivers necessary to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, transmit, communicate to the public, modify and make derivative works of the Materials, by any means and in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity, and to advertise and promote such use, without further notice to, or permission from, Nominator or any other person, and without compensation or reference to Nominator or any other person.
Nominator represents and warrants that (1) Nominator has obtained the consent of every identifiable individual featured in the Materials (or, in the case of minors, consent of the minor’s parent or guardian) for Sponsors to use that person’s name, voice, and/or likeness (as applicable) in connection with the Contest and pursuant to these Official Rules; (2) Materials do not infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third-party intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trade secrets, or trademarks; and (3) Materials do not violate any applicable laws or regulations or infringe or violate any rights of a third party, including third-party publicity or privacy rights. Nominator agrees to indemnify Sponsors for all damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of any breach or failure of the warranties made herein.
- General Rules: Contest administration, winner selection and prize claim verification and fulfillment will be conducted by Sponsors. By participating in this Contest, Nominators, Nominees, and Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. Each Winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release within seven (7) days of prize notification. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternate will be selected. Travel companions for Winners must sign and return a Publicity/Liability Release before travel. In the event a Winner or travel companion is less than the age of majority in his/her state of residence, all required documents must be signed by the individual’s parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf. Sponsors, airline(s), government authorities, hotels and other venues have the right to refuse travel and/or admission to anyone who does not have proper documents/identification or who does not comply with all regulations or comport him/herself properly. There will be no substitution or compensation for a prize or part of a prize forfeited due to Winner's or Winner's companion's non-compliance with travel and venues’ regulations or any other reason. Sponsors reserve the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Sponsors’ sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including, but not limited to, fraud or force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsors’ control. By entering this Contest, a participant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Contest Entities, their successors, estates and assigns and all their respective shareholders, directors, officers and employees, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all “costs”, which he/she now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, each Winner waives the right to 1) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and 2) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto). The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed except by Sponsors who reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure.
- Severability: Contest void where prohibited. If any provision of this Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- No Reproduction: This offer may not be reproduced, reprinted or published elsewhere in any format without the written permission of the Sponsors.
- Publicity Rights: Acceptance of a Nomination or prize constitutes permission to use a Nominee’s or Winner's name, town and state, voice and likeness and any and all identifying characteristics including, but not limited to, the taking of photographs and/or videos by Sponsors’ photographer/videographer for publicity purposes, in perpetuity, without further consent or compensation, unless prohibited by law. Nominees and Winners agree to execute any and all documents requested by Sponsors to convey such rights to own all the results thereof. Nothing contained herein shall be deemed to obligate Sponsors to make use of any of the rights granted herein and Nominees and Winners waive any right to inspect or approve any such use of any and every nature and kind.
- Limitations of Liability: The Sponsors are not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction nor unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry materials by Sponsors on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. Any person attempting to damage any website, defraud or in any way tamper with the Contest will be ineligible for any prize and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. The Sponsors shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Douglas County, Colorado. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' fees. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- Release: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsors and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities as well as the successors, assigns and licensees of each and the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, contractors and representative of each (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability for any injury, loss, or damage of any kind to persons, including death, and property, whether direct or indirect, which may be due to or arise out of participation in the promotion or any portion thereof, or the acceptance, use/misuse or possession of prizes, or any prize-related travel or activity. Entrants waive all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Further, Winner agrees that the Released Parties are not responsible in any way for any additional expenses, omissions, delays or re-routing resulting from any acts of any government or authority. Winner acknowledges that he/she is solely responsible for any actions, claims or liabilities of his/her guests related to any Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, any actions, claims or liabilities related to each guest’s use of the prize.
- Winner Name(s): The names of the Winners will be posted on or about the dates noted in the “Winner Selected” column of the table in Section 5, at dishhometownheroes.com, as well as in DISH’s social media posts and other promotional materials.